Now is the time for students to apply for 2017-2018 scholarships from the Norwalk Community College Foundation! Full-time students can receive up to $3,400 in addition to any financial aid to help pay for college.
NCC students should submit their applications for the Full-Year Scholarship Program by Monday, April 24th. These scholarships are merit-based and never need to be repaid. The process, GPA, credit and other requirements are summarized below:
- Students must be enrolled in a degree program and have a minimum 2.8 cumulative GPA at NCC.
- Students are eligible once they have completed a minimum of 12 credits at NCC in courses that count toward a degree program (including any current Spring 2017 classes).
- Recipients must enroll in at least 6 credits for Fall 2017 and at least 6 credits for Spring 2018. (Students who will graduate in December 2017 should still apply.)
- Scholarships are available for all NCC students: US citizens, permanent residents, international students, and undocumented students.
- S. citizens and permanent residents are required to submit the 2017-2018 FAFSA to the NCC Financial Aid Office. Undocumented students must submit an Income Verification Form, available from the NCC Foundation Office. (International students on visa do not submit financial information.)
- To apply, students complete an online application, which includes a 300-word essay.