Chief Development Officer
The Norwalk Community College Foundation, Inc. (NCCF) is a 501(c) (3) corporation that supports and raises funds for the benefit of Norwalk Community College (NCC), its students, faculty and programs, to further the educational purposes of NCC.
The CDO reports to the Chief Executive Officer and provides leadership and oversight of all resource development and marketing strategies and activities. The CDO plans, manages and implements initiatives in major gifts, planned giving, grants, annual giving, special events, communications, and stewardship with the objective of securing philanthropic support for the Foundation.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Provides leadership for the overall development and marketing functions of the organization. As part of this work, the CDO will work to build successful and sustainable working relationships with the Foundation staff team, Foundation Board Directors, College staff, donors and the community to establish, sustain, and guide a strong culture of philanthropy and connection to the College.
• Create, nurture, and lead a culture of philanthropic support to advance the priorities of the Foundation by effectively recruiting, motivating, and managing training of the Board of Directors and engaging volunteers and staff in furthering the fundraising objectives of the Foundation.
• Plan and implement an annual development strategy that includes identifying measurable targets for each fiscal year.
• Manage a strategic effort to build and increase major gift donations and establish the infrastructure for a possible capital campaign in 2024.
• Oversee and implement annual campaign fundraising and the pursuit of unrestricted and temporarily restricted donations for the Foundation to strengthen the Foundation’s ability to meet the needs of the college.
• Oversee the marketing and grants function of the organization including managing the Marketing and Grants Manager.
• Oversee the donor database maintenance and functionality for the Foundation including managing a Development Associate who serves as a database administrator.
• Build the skills, knowledge, and abilities of the development team in areas including annual giving, major gifts, events, donor relations, community partnerships, grants, communications and stewardship
• Implement cultivation and stewardship efforts that include measurable targets for each fiscal year (e.g., personal visits, stewardship activities, fundraising solicitations, and major asks).
• Provide development department support for capital campaigns.
• Develop and manage a portfolio of prospects capable of making major gifts to secure commitments to meet fundraising goals.
• Collaborate with the Board of Directors, NCC, alumni and students to advance Foundation priorities.
• Manage the Development, Marketing, Major Gifts Advisory Committee, and special event task forces of the Board.
• Promote the Foundation through projecting a positive image, reputation, attitude and connection to our campus and community.
• Cultivate existing and new donor relationships with the intent of sustaining and increasing donor engagement, support and overall philanthropic giving to the College.
• Work with the CEO to manage the Foundation’s philanthropic culture including coordination with campus departments and leadership to assure alignment of fundraising goals and strategies.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in fundraising and nonprofit management.
• Proven track record in fundraising.
• Experience in a higher education setting, particularly a community college, is ideal.
• Capital Campaign experience is preferred.
• Experience managing people, both staff and volunteers.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and listening skills.
• Ability to work independently on and off campus.
• Commitment to teamwork and willingness to work collaboratively with colleagues from across the institution.
• Maintain confidentiality and integrity of sensitive information.
• Demonstrable initiative and a strong work ethic.
• Proficiency in donor database systems and Raiser’s Edge NXT is preferred.
Qualified candidates may email both a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org