Thank you for your interest in the Norwalk Community College Foundation! Joining our team means being a part of our mission to make education affordable and accessible by offering scholarships for high school seniors coming to NCC, current NCC students, and NCC graduates transferring to a four-year school. All available opportunities will be listed below. For more information or general inquiries please contact us.
The Norwalk Community College Foundation, Inc. (NCCF) is a 501(c) (3) corporation that supports and raises funds for the benefit of Norwalk Community College (NCC), its students, faculty and programs, to further the educational purposes of NCC.
The Development Associate is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the Development and Communications Director of the NCC Foundation. This position requires a detail-oriented and technology-savvy development generalist who can execute the Foundation’s donor stewardship functions, manage the Raiser’s Edge NXT donor database to its fullest capacity, assist with special events and assist in the development of communications and marketing material to support the fundraising activities of the Foundation. The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. This position includes medical benefits, an employer matching retirement contribution, as well as a hybrid working environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Management of Raiser’s Edge NXT Donor Database
- Maintain donor records in the RE NXT database to ensure records are timely, accurate and in accordance with the NCC Foundation policies and development profession best practices.
- Ensure donor information is accurate, up to date, and noted with proper constituent attributes to provide efficient dashboard data reporting.
- Prepare accurate donor prospect records for the alumni program, including surveys, new alumni welcome process and thank you program
- Develop dashboards and track data with monthly reports to evaluate progress to goals and inform strategy. Run queries and create all dashboard reporting for Development Committee and Board meetings.
- Perform all database administrative functions including execution of periodic maintenance, backups, security processes, duplicate record merging records clean up, and quality control audits.
- Serve as liaison with the RE vendor, Blackbaud, and the NCC IT department to ensure proper management and execution of database tasks, use of best practices, and implementation of RE version updates.
General Development Responsibilities
- Create and manage distribution lists and assist in the design and development of all donor mailings, including scholarship and program reports, CUPMIFA reports, the Annual Report mailing and the Annual Appeal mailing
- Coordinate Board of Director contact lists and Board of Director thank you program
- Implement strategies and prepare all RE donor lists for planned giving, alumni giving, annual appeal, and major gift campaigns.
- Assist with event planning as needed.
- Provide individual donor prospect research, new donor welcome and donor engagement records.
Knowledge – Skills & Abilities
- Proficiency with Raiser’s Edge NXT or similar donor database software as well expertise in Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a nonprofit development role
- Exceptional writing, editing and oral communication skills
- Ability to think strategically, analytically, and creatively, and to reorient strategy in response to new opportunities and changing priorities
- Ability to deliver high-quality work within designated timelines
- Self-starter that meets deadlines and has excellent organization, attention to detail and teamwork skills
- Ability to build strong relationships, work independently, make decisions, maintain confidentiality, multitask, organize, and prioritize while maintaining high standards
The Norwalk Community College Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send cover letter indicating your interest in the position and a resume to: [email protected]