The Dream Transfer Scholarship Program provides high-achieving NCC graduates who are pursuing a bachelor’s degree with financial assistance to a four-year college or university of their choice. Applicants for this program must be immigrants who attended and graduated from US High Schools, but are not yet US citizens or permanent residents. This award is renewable for a second year of study if academic standards are met.
You are eligible to apply if you meet the following requirements:
- Must be a childhood immigrant who attended and graduated from a U.S. high school, but is not yet a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA at NCC (Students with improving performance or special circumstances may also apply, but need to address their individual situation in the essay.)
- Have applied for and been accepted for graduation from NCC
- Are in good standing with the NCC Business Office
- Have been accepted at a four-year institution and plan to attend full time (may attend 3/4 time in some circumstances)
- Must apply either at the time of NCC graduation or within the first academic year following NCC graduation
The specific application components are detailed in the application packet. You must complete each item to be eligible. Scholarship recipients must also agree to have a mentor.
Candidates will be interviewed by members of the Scholarship Committee of the NCC Foundation. Scholarship selection will be based upon academic achievement, demonstrated leadership and community service, financial need, written and oral communications, and commitment to obtaining a bachelor’s degree.
As part of the application process, you will be asked to complete and sign an essay that addresses the following topics:
- Your academic achievement at NCC
- Leadership and community service activities
- Your career and educational goals
- Your financial need – how will a Dream Transfer Scholarship help you
- Your plan for paying tuition, room and board, and other expenses related
to attending a 4-year institution
- If applicable, unusual circumstances for consideration.