Please read through the following information before downloading the application.
The LEAP Transfer Scholarship Program provides high-achieving NCC graduates who are pursuing a bachelor’s degree with financial assistance to a four-year college or university of their choice. LEAP Transfer Scholarship recipients have transferred to a diverse group of colleges including Cornell University, Columbia University, Georgia Institute of Technology, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, University of Southern California, University of Pennsylvania, and Pratt Institute. This award is renewable for a second year of study if academic standards are met.
You are eligible to apply if you meet the following requirements:
- Will graduate with a minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA at NCC
- Have applied for and been accepted for NCC graduation
- Are in good standing with the NCC Business Office AND the NCC Office of Financial Aid
- Have been accepted at a four-year institution, have received a financial aid package, and plan to attend full time (may attend 3/4 time in some circumstances)
- The LEAP scholarship is available to US Citizens and Permanent Residents
- Must apply either at the time of NCC graduation, or within the first academic year following NCC graduation
All applicants must submit a completed scholarship application package by the stated deadline. The specific application components are detailed in the application packet. You must complete each item to be eligible.
Candidates will be interviewed by members of the Scholarship Committee of the NCC Foundation. Scholarship selection will be based upon academic achievement, written and oral communications, and commitment to obtaining a bachelor’s degree. The scholarship funding available to each student is impacted by the number who apply and qualify. (Please note: International Students on Visa are not eligible for transfer scholarships.)
As part of the application process, you will be asked to complete and sign an essay that addresses the following topics:
- Your academic experience at NCC
- How a LEAP Transfer Scholarship would help you in furthering your studies
- Your career and educational goals: why you want to pursue your 4-year degree
- Any extra-curricular or community activities
- If applicable, unusual circumstances, including financial need, for consideration.