Please read the following information before downloading the application.
The RN to BSN Transfer Scholarship Program offers students who earn an RN at NCC the opportunity to receive additional assistance while pursuing a BSN at a four-year college or university of their choice. This award is renewable for up to three years of study if academic standards are met.
You are eligible to apply if you meet the following requirements:
- Have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA at NCC
- Graduated from NCC between May 2013 and May 2018
- Be in good financial standing with the NCC Business Office and the NCC Office of Financial Aid
- Have been accepted at a four-year institution for a BS in nursing and have received a financial aid package (RN to MSN programs may also be considered)
Candidates will be interviewed by members of the Scholarship Committee of the NCC Foundation. Scholarship selection will be based upon academic achievement, written and oral communications, and commitment to obtaining a bachelor’s degree in nursing. The scholarship funding available to each student is impacted by the number who apply and qualify. (Please note: International students on visa are not eligible for transfer scholarships.)
As part of the application process, you will be asked to complete and sign an essay that addresses the following topics:
- Your academic experience at NCC
- How the RN to BSN Transfer Scholarship would help you in furthering your studies
- Your career and educational goals
- Your commitment to Fairfield County – include how long you have been a resident, your community activities and any experience working in healthcare
- If applicable, any unusual circumstances, including financial need, for consideration
Recipients will be notified by email.