This scholarship is awarded to incoming first-year students from local high schools.
Students selected by the NCC Foundation Scholarship Committee will have an opportunity to complete a college degree with a merit scholarship valued at $1,500 per year with a $500 book allowance. Based on successful academic performance, this award can be renewed for a second year at NCC.
You are eligible to apply if you meet the following requirements:
- Are a current high school senior in a public high school in southwestern Fairfield County
- Have a minimum 2.8 cumulative GPA
- Are a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Are nominated, in writing, by a guidance counselor or principal at your current high school
- Have a current FAFSA on file with the NCC Office of Financial Aid by the application deadline
All candidates must apply to NCC and follow procedures for new admitted students, including taking a placement test.
The NCC Foundation Scholarship Committee reviews all applications and selects potential recipients for interview. Following the interview process, students are selected to receive an award. Scholarship winners will be notified via mail during the summer.
For more information, please contact us.