Spring Scholarships are awarded to deserving students during the spring semester only. These scholarships aim to assist students who have between 12 and 24 credits (including classes you are currently enrolled in), and who will have a minimum 2.8 GPA at the end of the semester.
Please read all eligibility requirements before applying.
You are eligible to apply if you meet the following requirements:
- Have a GPA of 2.8 or higher (by the end of the Fall 2018 semester)
Have completed a minimum of 12 credits earned at NCC in courses that count toward a degree program (developmental and non-credit courses will not be considered).
The 12 credit minimum includes the courses you are currently enrolled in for the Fall 2018 Semester.
- Have completed no more than 24 NCC credits by the end of Fall 2018.
- Have a current (2018-2019) FAFSA on file with the NCC Office of Financial Aid by the application deadline (U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents only; International Students do not complete FAFSA)
- Students who are not able to complete the online FAFSA (including students who have received Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, or qualify for in-state tuition under the CT DREAM Act) will be asked to complete a separate Income Verification Form Click Here to download the Income Verification Form
- Have declared a major in a credit-bearing degree program at NCC
- Are in good standing with the NCC Business Office AND the NCC Office of Financial Aid.
- Plan to enroll in a minimum of 6 credits for the Spring semester.
*Please note: Students who have received a previous degree at NCC are not eligible.
It is anticipated that a large number of scholarships will be awarded. These awards vary in amount and are determined by a number of factors, including but not limited to, academic history, number of credits taken per semester, quality of application essay, and financial need. The scholarship funding available to each student is impacted by the number who apply and qualify.
You will be asked to complete a minimum 300-word essay. The essay should cover:
- Your academic experience at NCC
- Your career and educational goals
- How an NCC Foundation Scholarship would help you in your studies
- Any extra-curricular or community activities, including any leadership roles
- If applicable, unusual circumstances, including financial need, for consideration.
We strongly advise that you complete the essay BEFORE beginning the application. Write it in a text program – you will be able to copy and paste the essay into the application later.
Recipients will be notified at their NCC Email account.